Are you an Architect looking for professional indemnity insurance? Having difficulty in finding wide cover at an affordable price? Worried you may not have right type of cover?
It is inevitable that any business providing professional services, where the stakes and costs are substantial, will require some level of protection against claims and lawsuits. Even where the allegations prove to be unfounded, the cost of defending a claim can be substantial.
At BJP our brokers have substantial experience of arranging insurance for all trades within the construction industry, which makes us ideally placed to find you the most comprehensive and competitive insurance.
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and the Architects Registration Board (ARB) require all members to maintain professional indemnity insurance.
The ARB minimum requirements are as follows:
- The policy wording must be on a civil liability basis, which is the widest cover available. The policy must not be on the negligent error and omission basis.
- The limit of indemnity must be on an any one claim basis
- Excesses must be affordable
- Legal defence costs must be in addition to the limit of indemnity
- Members of the ARB must maintain cover for at least six years after ceasing to trade.
- Minimum levels of cover required by the ARB are as follows:
Fee income less than £100,000 – Limit of Indemnity required : £250,000
Fee income between £100,000 & £200,000 – Limit of Indemnity required : £500,000
Fee income exceeding £200,000 – Limit of Indemnity required : £1,000,000
If you are unsure that your policy complies with the above, please contact us today for a free review of your current insurance.
Click on the Get a Quote button to get the best possible quote today.