- Specialist Knowledge
- Fast Professional Service
- Specific Policy Wording
- Low cost insurance
- Why wait get in touch now
Butchers Shop insurance from BJP covers against legal liabilities and the shop assets in one simple policy. The business can be covered against claims made by member of the public or employees. Cover can also include stock such as frozen/refrigerated meat that may have spoilt due to a power cut or technical fault.
What does My Butchers Shop Insurance Policy Cover?
- Employers’ liability insurance – a legal requirement for retailers with staff
- Public liability insurance cover up to £5 million
- Business interruption insurance cover included
- Buildings insurance – optional cover available
- Stock and contents insurance – flexible sums insured
- Money cover included as standard
- Additional cover available for legal expenses, frozen goods or goods in transit
Example of Some Claims That May Arise
1.An Employee is chopping meat and accidentally injures themselves in the process. The employee seeks damages from the business and wins as the correct safety precautions were not in place. The Employers liability section of your Butchers shop Insurance Policy covers your legal liability here to pay damages.
2.The business is opened one day to find a freezer has broken down, spoiling some valuable meat and causing water damage to the shop fittings. Several sections of your policy would pay, to ensure you are fully reimbursed for lost stock, for refitting of the damaged shop fittings and equipment and for any trade lost whilst this was taking place.
BJP are a top 100 UK independent broker. We have been involved in providing a specialist service in Butchers Insurance for over 10 years and feel strongly that we provide a great price whilst not cutting corners on the products we provide.
It’s simple to get a Butchers Insurance quote. Call us on 01189792121 or fill in the quotation form by clicking on the button. One of our fully qualified brokers will contact you within one working day.